Yarra burgan, an emerging weed threatening the Grampians
This brochure has been developed to help community identify Yarra burgan, offer treatment options and report infestations to Project Platypus for control.
The Yarra burgan control work carried out over the next three years (2020-2023) funded by a RE Ross grant will help Project Platypus:
- map the spread of Kunzea leptospermoides
- support community to identify, report and treat the plant
- work with community to deliver cross tenure control work
- use hand and mechanical control on denser Yarra burgan patches
- trial different control methods